News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/22/2020 1:03:36 PM to 9/24/2021 4:46:40 PM.
Carrboro Town News
Posted on: October 22, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Visit Carrboro Launch Event
- What: Invitation to the Visit Carrboro Launch Event
- When: Thursday, November 5, 2020 from 12pm-1pm
- Where: Zoom (register to get the URL)
- Who: Hosted by the Carrboro Tourism Development Authority (CTDA), open to the public, and featuring remarks from more than a dozen local leaders including Carrboro Mayor Lydia Lavelle, CTDA Chair Donald Strickland of Atma Hotel Group, and CTDA Member Dan Mayer of The ArtsCenter.
- Why: The primary purpose of this forum is to introduce the new Visit Carrboro assets (website, photographs, videos, social media hashtag, and itineraries). The secondary purpose is to engage leaders in tourism and the local economy in a discussion about why tourism matters, the state of tourism and the covid-economy, and how we can build more momentum for safe tourism in Carrboro in the coming months and years.
- Contact: For questions about the event, please contact Visit Carrboro Project Manager, Katie Loovis, at KLoovis@carolinachamber.org. For questions about the CTDA, please contact Town of Carrboro Economic Development Director, Jon Hartman-Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About: Visit Carrboro is an initiative of the CTDA to promote travel and tourism in the Town of Carrboro. All creative elements convey the Carrboro “feel free” spirit and were designed and coordinated by local organizations: Project management by the Carrboro Business Alliance with strong collaboration with the Town of Carrboro, site design by Carrboro Creative, photography by David Jessee Photography, videos by I-40 Films, original logo design by The Splinter Group, and merchandise coordinated by The Merch.
- Register: This launch event is free and open to the public. REGISTER NOW