Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at townofcarrboro.org/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town Council will meet virtually at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 16, to consider the agenda at bit.ly/3Hix9AP that also will be posted at carrboro.legistar.com
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday, Nov. 9, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/2ZYckcO
- Contract with Wetherill Engineering -- The Council authorized the Town Manager to extend the contract with Wetherill Engineering to complete the bid documents and participate in the bid process for the Jones Creek Greenway.
- Parking Lease with Main Street Properties – The Council authorized the Town Manager to renew the existing lease on 150 daytime and 250 evening and night parking spaces in the parking garage at 300 E. Main/Hampton Inn through 2023.
- El Centro Hispano: The Council received a presentation on the Casa for Employment and Leadership (CEL) Program.
- Update on Draft Bike Share – The Council received an update on the development of an RFP (Request for Proposals) to select a bike share service provider to create a unified system for Carrboro, Chapel Hill, and UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Police Department Quarterly Equity Report – The Council received a brief overview of the quarterly equity report for the third quarter of 2021.
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of seven elected members: Mayor Lydia Lavelle, Mayor Pro Tempore Barbara Foushee, Council Member Jacquelyn Gist, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Susan Romaine, Council Member Damon Seils, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://townofcarrboro.org/248/Town-Council