Carrboro's Cycling with the Mayor! Calling all people on bikes! You’re invited to join Mayor Damon Seils and community members at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 10, for the Mayor’s Bike Ride starting from Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St.
The ride is a 3.5-mile route through Carrboro neighborhoods. A second, optional 2-mile route will take off after the main group returns to Town Hall. See the route maps (first map in series is the main ride - second map is the optional ride).
Do you need a bike to borrow for the ride? Thanks to The Clean Machine https://www.thebicyclechain.com, both pedal or electric assist bikes will be provided for those who need to borrow a bike. Send requests for bikes to email@example.com
Light breakfast snacks will be provided following the bike ride.
- Carrboro Town planners are encouraging residents to complete a survey about the Jones Ferry Road Protected Bike Lane Pilot Project. Take the survey at http://www.townofcarrboro.org/2558/Jones-Ferry-Road-Protected-Bike-Lane-Pil
- Take the North Carolina Bicycle Safety Quiz at https://www.bikewalknc.org/north-carolina-bicycle-safety-quiz/
- Everyone is welcome to learn more about how to load a bike on bus. Drop by the bike on a bus demo anytime between 9 a.m. and noon Saturday, May 14, at the Carrboro Farmers Market, 301 W. Main St. Carrboro, NC 27510.
- The Mayor’s Bike Ride is part of Bike Month activities happening in community throughout this May. Learn more at https://www.carrboronc.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2127 Biking is an easy way for people to reduce their carbon footprint and advance the Town’s climate action goals by avoiding the use of single-occupancy vehicles and reducing reliance on nonrenewable resources for transportation.
- For more information, contact Town of Carrboro Planning Administrator Christina Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Route 1 (3.5-miles)
Route 2 (about 2 miles)