The Town of Carrboro public works and public safety teams are preparing for Tropical Storm Nicole by checking culverts, ditch lines, and equipment. Personnel are prepared to respond to the effects of the storm, including flooding, fallen trees, and road closures if needed.
Rainfall totals of one to three inches have been forecast in central North Carolina. Forecasters have called for about two inches of rainfall in Carrboro. Rain is expected to move into the area Thursday evening and last through Friday night. This forecast could change as Nicole gets closer.
Weather and Local Information
Check for news and weather updates at weather.gov/rah/
Access local resources at https://www.carrboronc.gov/2633/Emergency-Resources-Carrboro-Ready
Prepare for and Report Flooding
Just as crews check for issues on public property, residents can help monitor and ensure the drainage systems in their yards and neighborhoods are functioning properly.
Reporting Power Outages
A power outage is NOT an emergency. Please call your local power company to report an outage.
Duke Energy - https://www.duke-energy.com/outages
- Contact the Customer Service line at 800-777-9898 to report and learn why there is an outage.
- Sign up for text messages to alert you of outages at your home, the estimated restoration time, and (afterward) the cause. Text OUT to 57801.
- Use the Duke Energy app. https://www.duke-energy.com/home/products/duke-energy-app
- Call 800-449-2667 or 800-222-3107.
- Voice instructions will direct you through the system.
- Online: https://pemc.smarthub.coop/Login.html Text “pemc” to 800-222-3107. Then text “#out” to report an outage. For outage updates, text “#status”.