Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/list.aspx
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Carrboro Town Council will hold the next Council Meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 13, 2023. The agenda is available at bit.ly/42Daybv and https://carrboro.legistar.com/
This meeting will not include public comment for items not on the agenda. This meeting's agenda will only include a public hearing for the Town's FY 24 Recommended Budget, and a continuation of a quasi-judicial public hearing for Jade Creek Architecturally Integrated Subdivision Special Use Permit-A at 8522 Old NC 86. If you wish to speak on these items during the public hearings, a sign-up sheet is available at the Council Chambers meeting room.
This meeting will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
The Council will hold a Work Session at 7 p.m. on Thursday, June 15, 2023 for a cemetery discussion. The agenda will be available at https://carrboro.legistar.com/
The Carrboro Town Council met Tuesday, June 6, 2023, for a Council Meeting and took the following actions on agenda posted at bit.ly/3NgMRRU Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW_S7KJJpvI
- Adopted a resolution to issue a Street Closing Permit Application submitted by El Centro Hispano, Inc. for the temporary closing and usage of W. Weaver Street from N. Greensboro Street to Elm Street from 12 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 27, 2023, for Festival Latinoamericano.
- Awarded a service side arm to Lieutenant Willie Quick. Police Lieutenant Quick will retire from the Town of Carrboro Police Department on July 1, 2023 after about 10 years of service with the Town and 30 years of total law enforcement service.
- Awarded the 2023 Resurfacing Project to Daniels Inc. of Garner.
- Appointed members (Lindsay Griffin, Muhsin Omar and Rahat Sajwani) to the Affordable Housing Advisory Commission (AHAC)
- Approved additional funding not to exceed $237,000 to close out the Homestead Road - Chapel Hill High School Multi-Use Path (previously referred to as the Bolin Creek Greenway Phase 1-B) project with NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT), NC Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ), and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
- Held a public hearing to receive public comment on a request for voluntary annexation of three properties, 820 and 904 Homestead Road and 310 Lucas Lane.
- Held a public hearing on Proposed Conditional Rezoning at 820 and 904 Homestead Road and 310 Lucas Lane. This matter responds to a petition from Parker Louis, LLC, to rezone three properties at 820 and 904 Homestead Road, and 310 Lucas Lane from R-20 to R-3-CZ (Residential, 3000 square feet per dwelling unit, conditional) to allow for the subsequent submittal of an application to develop an Architecturally Integrated Subdivision (AIS) including single-family and multi-family residences. A draft ordinance has been prepared. This public hearing was continued to a future date to be announced.
- Held a public hearing to consider amending the Land Use Ordinance to establish a complete streets policy. Council approved the amendment to establish the policy. The National Complete Streets Coalition was formed in 2005 and provides a framework for establishing complete streets policies (https://smartgrowthamerica.org/program/national-complete-streets-coalition).
- Received the Town Manager’s Recommended Budget for Fiscal Year 2023-24. The recommended budget will be posted for public review at https://www.carrboronc.gov/2864/Recommended-Annual-Operating-Budget-2023
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at https://www.carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council