Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/list.aspx
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Carrboro Town Council will be on summer break until it resumes in September for a Work Session scheduled at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12. The agenda will be available at https://carrboro.legistar.com/
These meetings will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
Find the Council Meeting Calendar at https://www.carrboronc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/12313/2023-Town-Council-Meeting-Calendar?bidId=
The Carrboro Town Council met Tuesday, June 27, 2023, for a Council Meeting and took the following actions related to the agenda posted at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThYNv1MEkI
- Recognized the Parks and Recreation Month proclamation. Find this proclamation at https://www.carrboronc.gov/2630/Proclamations-and-Resolutions
- Extended a contract with Wetherill Engineering for Preliminary Engineering Services for the Jones Creek Greenway..
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a municipal agreement with NCDOT for three signalized pedestrian crossings along NC 54 at Westbrook Drive, Abbey Lane and Kingswood Apartments.
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a contract for the Fleet Alternative Fuels Feasibility Analysis. This study aims to further goals to reduce municipal emissions by transitioning the fleet to alternative fuels.
- Authorize a a Revised Memorandum of Understanding for the Orange County Partnership to End Homelessness.
- Authorized the Town Manager to accept a Safe Routes to School Non-Infrastructure Grant from the NC Department of Transportation.
- Set a public hearing for October 24, 2023 on Land Use Ordinance Amendments modifying residential parking requirements.
- Approved an increase in the contract for Ramey Kemp Associates for design services associated with the South Greensboro Street Sidewalk Project.
- Approved the FY24 municipal solid waste disposal contract with GFL Environmental, Inc.
- Awarded a contract for the Town’s annual independent audit for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2023
- Authorized the Mayor to execute a revised MOU for the Orange County Partnership to End Homelessness.
- Authorized the Town Manager to accept the award of a 2023 Safe Routes to School Non-Infrastructure Grant from the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
- Approved an application consistent with the guidelines set forth in the Policy for Monuments Located on Town Property for a monument in honor of Martha “Marty” Mandell.
- Approved a contract with Greenscape, Inc. mowing services along Highway NC-54 and Town Properties.
- Approved a Minor Modification request for the Special Use Permit-A at 515 S Greensboro Street. The modification will allow the property owner to construct a Level 1 rooftop solar array facility.
- Received public comment on a request for voluntary annexation of three properties, 820 and 904 Homestead Road and 310 Lucas Lane.
- Amended (per a recommendation from the Racial Equity Commission) the commission charge.
- Adopted g a decision document related to the Special Use Permit-A request for property at 8522 Old NC 86.
- Received a presentation of staff findings on potential code amendments for banning gas-powered landscape equipment in Carrboro to reduce environmental and noise pollution.
- Received the Police Department Quarterly Equity Report.
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at https://www.carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council