Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/list.aspx ;
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Carrboro Town Council will meet for a Council Work Session at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2023. The agenda is available at https://carrboro.legistar.com/MeetingDetail.aspx?ID=1109796&GUID=BFC4B294-EA98-44E1-92A0-F4A0D4D022C7&Options=info|&Search=
The Council will receive a presentation and discuss a draft of the financial planning model being developed to assist staff with the evaluation of financial impact of operating and capital planning programs.
Please note that public comment is generally not received nor is Council action taken during work sessions. The Town Council meets at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
The Council held a Council Meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 3, and took the following actions:
- Received the proclamation for Walk and Roll to School.
- Received the proclamation for Fire Prevention Week.
- Authorized the Town Manager to negotiate and execute a contract addendum for executive search firm services for the position of Town Clerk.
- Received an overview of the quarterly Police Department equity report for the fourth quarter of 2022 and first quarter of 2023.
- Adopted a resolution of support for Orange County proceeding with community engagement consultant services related to the development of the Greene Tract Master Plan.
Watch the meeting at https://www.youtube.com/live/lWXq2AaHMqM?si=EKJAhXcTIM8La8_O
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at https://www.carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council