DCHC MPO Seeks Public Comment on Transportation Priorities
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Tina Moon
DURHAM, N.C. – The Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO) programs state and federal transportation projects in our region. The DCHC MPO is seeking public feedback on a set of alternatives for the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan, the long-range plan that guides the decision-making processes for highway, bicycle, pedestrian, and transit projects. The 2045 MTP lists all the highway, transit, and non-automobile transportation projects that the MPO plans to fund in the future.
The public comment period will run from Wednesday, August 9, 2017 through Wednesday, September 20, 2017. Citizens will also have opportunities to comment on the draft plan itself from October through December.
The MPO is providing several options for participating, including:
www.bit.ly/DCHC-MTP-Alternatives -- Web site provides:
- A copy of the alternatives and analysis data; and
- An email link for making comments.
- The schedule for public meetings and workshops
Public Hearing – Citizens can provide feedback to local elected officials (DCHC MPO Board); Wednesday, September 13, 2017, at 9:00AM in the Committee Room (2nd
Floor of Durham City Hall, 101 City Hall Plaza). Persons with disabilities will be accommodated -- provisions must be requested at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. Town of Carrboro Informational Sessions – Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- The Town of Carrboro will hold an informational drop-in session from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm in the Town Hall Board Room with opportunities to review maps, ask questions and provide feedback.
About the Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization
- The Board of Aldermen will receive a presentation on the set of alternatives at its meeting at 7:30 P.M., or as soon thereafter as it can be heard, in the Town Hall Board Room.
The Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC-MPO) is the regional organization responsible for transportation planning for the western part of the Research Triangle area in North Carolina. The DCHC-MPO is an umbrella organization comprised of the MPO Board, the Technical Committee (TC), local governments, and the State. The MPO Board, designated by the Governor, is a policy body that coordinates and makes decisions on transportation planning issues.
The DCHC urbanized area includes:
- Durham County (entire county)
- a portion of Orange County including the Towns of Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and Hillsborough
- Northeast Chatham County
Comments and questions about the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan should be directed to:
Andy Henry, City of Durham, Transportation Department
101 City Hall Plaza
Durham, NC 27701
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (919) 560-4366, ext. 36419