Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at townofcarrboro.org/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town Council will meet virtually at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 4, to consider the agenda https://bit.ly/3gTujYi that will be posted at carrboro.legistar.com
To view, livestream at carrboro.legistar.com or YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro). To speak at the meeting email email@example.com
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday, April 27, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at http://bit.ly/2Pk6wp6
- Adoption of a Town Code Amendment Creating the Racial Equity Commission and a Resolution Making Appointments to the Commission: The Town Council amended the Town Code to create the Racial Equity Commission and made appointments to the commission.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Commission Funding Recommendation: The Town Council approved recommended funding for one nonprofit affordable housing application to the Affordable Housing Special Revenue Fund.
- Affordable Housing Quarterly Report: The Council received the quarterly report.
- Approval of MOU for Criminal Justice Debt Program: The Town Council approved the MOU with the Town of Chapel Hill so the Town of Carrboro can participate in the Criminal Justice Debt Program. Read more about this at http://townofcarrboro.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1706
- Police Department Quarterly Equity Report: The Council received an equity report for the final quarter of 2020 and the first quarter of 2021.
- Disposal of Surplus Property and Online Public Auction Spring 2021: The Council authorized the disposal of surplus vehicles, equipment, and personal property owned by the Town.
- Request-to-Set Public Hearings on Conditional Rezoning at 410, 420 and 430 Smith Level Road and associated LUO Text Amendment: The Council responded by not setting public hearings on a petition to rezone property at 410, 420 and 430 Smith Level Road for the construction of a commercial development that would include a self-storage facility, office, retail and restaurant uses.
- Presentation from Orange County Tax Assessor on Recent Tax Valuation: The Council received a presentation from Tax Administrator Nancy T. Freeman.
- Discussion of Manufactured Home Communities in Carrboro: This item was deferred to the May 4 meeting.
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of seven elected members: Mayor Lydia Lavelle, Mayor Pro Tempore Barbara Foushee, Council Member Jacquelyn Gist, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Susan Romaine, Council Member Damon Seils, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://townofcarrboro.org/248/Town-Council