Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at townofcarrboro.org/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town Council will meet virtually at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 28, to consider the agenda at https://bit.ly/3CMZ5cS that also will be posted at carrboro.legistar.com
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday Sept. 21, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3hK31mH
- Conditional Use Permit Minor Modification Request for Harris Distribution Facility at 308 Highway 54 – The Council approved the request for a change-in-use to Wholesale Sales.
- The Council received monthly reports from the Economic Development Department, Police Department, Fire-Rescue Department, and the Stormwater Utility.
- Street Closing Permits for the Annual Carrboro 10K Road Race, and the Gallop and Gorge 8K Road Race – The Council approved street closing permits for these local road races, sponsored by the Cardinal Track Club and which date back nearly 20 years.
- Police Department Quarterly Equity Report – The Council received information for the quarter on traffic stops, searches, citations, arrests, use of force and citizen complaints.
- Update on Carrboro Connects Comprehensive Plan Process and Request to Set a Public Hearing – The Council received an update and preliminary draft plan, and set a public hearing for Nov. 16. View the draft plan at https://www.carrboroconnects.org/prelim-draft-plan
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of seven elected members: Mayor Lydia Lavelle, Mayor Pro Tempore Barbara Foushee, Council Member Jacquelyn Gist, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Susan Romaine, Council Member Damon Seils, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://townofcarrboro.org/248/Town-Council