News from the Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA)
Construction for the East Main Street Sewer Rehabilitation Project is anticipated to begin on the night of Feb. 11, 2022, and be completed by June 2022. That timeline could be extended by weather or other factors.
The project work will include replacing approximately 2,000 feet of sewer line, replacing and installing new manholes, and several smaller repairs (shown as point repairs in the below map) within the project area but outside of Main Street.
OWASA will provide updates on any changes to the construction timeline.
How the Work May Affect Customers in the Area
- Normal work hours will occur each weekend from Friday night at 8 p.m. through Monday morning at 6 a.m. Once work commences Friday night, it will continue throughout the weekend in order to minimize the time period we impact the community.
- Some smaller tasks will occur during weekday nights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Traffic impacts are expected during construction times. Signs will be provided for detours, changes in traffic patterns, and accessibility around construction.
- Businesses in the area will be open during construction.
- All travel lanes will be open at the end of each weekend with no impacts to vehicle traffic.
It is possible that customers will have short sanitary sewer service interruptions (typically a few hours) while their service is reconnected to the new sewer line. Property owners will be notified 48 hours prior to any planned service disruptions. No drinking water service interruptions are anticipated as part of the project.
For more information
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we complete this critical work.