CARRBORO, N.C. -- Mayor Damon Seils has proclaimed May to be Bike Month in Carrboro. And that’s not all!
- Wednesday, May 4 is Bike to School Day
- May 16-22 is Bike to Work Week
- Friday, May 20 is Bike to Work Day
“I encourage residents to add biking to their transportation routines; to become advocates for biking, bicycle infrastructure, and bicycle-friendly laws and policies; and to take delight in every bike ride, Mayor Seils said.
Biking is an easy way for people to reduce their carbon footprint and advance the Town’s climate action goals by avoiding the use of single-occupancy vehicles and reducing reliance on nonrenewable resources for transportation.
The Town of Carrboro will promote biking at several upcoming events:
- Ride with the Mayor at 8 a.m. May 10
- Bike on Bus event at the Carrboro Farmers Market from 9 a.m. to noon May 10
- Bike Breakfast at the Libba Cotten Bikeway from 7 to 9 a.m. May 17
- Additional events are being organized with local partners, including the Town of Chapel Hill, the Carrboro Bicycle Coalition, the Orange County Commuter Options program, and UNC Transportation and Parking.
Did you know? In 2010, Carrboro became the first community in North Carolina to be designated a Silver Level Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists.
Learn more by accessing the proclamation at https://www.carrboronc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/11227/2022-Bike-Month-Bike-to-School-Day-Bike-to-Work-Week-and-Bike-to-Work-Day