Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at carrboronc.gov/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Town Council will meet next at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 10, to consider an agenda that is posted at https://bit.ly/3LTMGZT and carrboro.legistar.com
This in-person meeting will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream at carrboro.legistar.com OR YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
To submit a comment on this agenda, please contact email@example.com to reach the Town Clerk.
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday, May 3, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3yizzxc
- Approved recommended funding for for the purchase of a rental unit by EMPOWERment from the Affordable Housing Special Revenue Fund.
- Awarded award a contract for the Town’s annual independent audit for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2022
- Approved an update to Town Code for Illicit Discharge Provisions.
- Received an annual update from the Orange Water and Sewer Authority, as well as an update to the Long-Range Water Supply Plan.
- Approved financing up to $12,650,000 for the 203 Project and approved a financing contract with Truist Bank.
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of the following: Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council