Town Council Update
Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at carrboronc.gov/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Town Council will meet next at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 18, to consider an agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3TaOWzo
This in-person meeting will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
To submit a comment on this agenda, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Town Clerk.
The Carrboro Town Council met Tuesday, Oct. 11, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3ER7eBk
- Modified the COVID-19 Mitigation Grand Program to provide a procedure for requesting a change in the use of grant funds.
- Amended the Carrboro Town Code for updates and regulatory compliance in a variety of areas.
- Made appointments to the Carrboro Northern Transition Area Advisory Committee, the Economic Sustainability Commission, the Stormwater Advisory Commission, and the Environmental Advisory Board.
- Adopted policies for expenditure of American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds.
- Approved an allocation plan for expenditure of ARP/CSLFRF funds totaling $6.7 million. The funds will be used for equipment, supplies and materials for public safety; maintenance and renovation of parks; in addition to the Small Business Grants, technical assistance for minority businesses and a disparity study; human services, energy efficiency renovations, emergency housing assistance, water bill debt assistance, and affordable housing. Expenditures will also fund the relocation of underground fuel tanks, community engagement, technology, and assistance with grant administration. See the details of this allocation in a news release to be posted at https://www.carrboronc.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?CID=1 and the Town’s ARP webpage at https://www.carrboronc.gov/2583/American-Rescue-Plan
- Held a work session on the long-term operations and use of the town’s two cemeteries – Westwood Cemetery and Old Carrboro Cemetery. WRAL News recently covered this story at https://www.wral.com/carrboro-municipal-cemeteries-running-out-of-space/20520792/
About the Town Council
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council