The Town of Carrboro together with community partners is hosting a series of Carrboro In Motion events to increase neighbor-to-neighbor participation and engagement with the community.
The events leverage community assets and strengths from public agencies and partners, including El Centro Hispano, Bike Carrboro, NEXT, Red Ridge NC Bike Share, Orange Literacy, Orange County Public Library, and Carrboro Transportation Choices.
Our next neighborhood block party will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 19 at Estes Park Apartments off Estes Extension in Carrboro. Stop by to join the free event - no registration required.
Carrboro In Motion will feature the following:
- Live Zumba class led by Oscar Garcia. Come join in!
- Chapel Hill Transit will provide a bus and information about routes, and tips like how to load a bike on a bus.
- Storytime for kids from librarians of Orange County Public Library
- Mobile Health Unit from El Centro providing basic health screenings and information about exploring greenways for recreation
- Bike and ped resources including repair for bicycles, map and routing resources, and reflective gear and bike lights
- Town Programs: Staff from Communication and Engagement will provide general information from across all town services including volunteer opportunities and programs.
- Recreation Programs: The Town’s Party Trailer will provide games and activities for children
- New Resident packet information
- Snacks and drinks provided. A food truck is coming!
Carrboro In Motion aims to bring people and community assets together to improve lifestyles by:
- Creating awareness and access to available services offered by public and non-profit agencies
- Promoting environmentally friendly habits and lifestyle
- Supporting opportunities for conversation and dialogue
- Increasing neighbor-to-neighbor participation and engagement with local government
- Creating a welcoming spirit of community where everyone belongs
- Inspiring leadership through opportunities to serve as neighborhood liaisons, apply for advisory boards and commissions, and more.
Carrboro In Motion advances goals of the Inclusive Carrboro Communications and Community Engagement Plan by creating a method for the Town to establish a presence in communities and neighborhoods, build relationships, offer multiple ways for residents to contribute input and feedback, and advance a neighborhood liaisons network. Learn more at https://www.carrboronc.gov/2735/Carrboro-In-Motion
For more information, please contact Catherine Lazorko, the Town of Carrboro’s communication and engagement director, at 919-918-7314 or firstname.lastname@example.org