BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 1/15/19
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday January 15, 2019. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
- The Board approved the October 23, 2018 and December 4, 2018 previous meeting minutes.
- The Board approved a resolution to appoint Andrea Wood, Lindsay Gavin, and Sonia Desai to the Environmental Advisory Board.
- The Board approved a recommendation from the Affordable Housing Advisory Commission regarding a funding request from Community Home Trust.
- The Board approved a resolution to refer projects to the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee ahead of the Affordable Housing Review Meetings with the Board of Aldermen.
- The Board approved a marketing agreement with WCHL Radio.
- The Board approved a minor modification to the Winmore VMU Conditional Use Permit to terminate Piano Street before property line.
- The Board approved a resolution making an appointment to the Carrboro Tourism Development Authority and Selecting a Chair Person.
- Stormwater Utility Manager Randy Dodd provided the Board with an update of the Stormwater Utility.
- Police Chief Walter Horton and Development Review Administrator Marty Roupe provided the Board with a presentation on current regulations pertaining to noise.
- The Board heard an update to the Bicycle Plan and the proposed steering committee members.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News