BOA MEETING SUMMARY FOR 1/22/19
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday January 22, 2019. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
- The Board approved the January, 8, 2019 previous meeting minutes.
- The Board of Aldermen approved for staff to proceed with the application process for federal funding through Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for damages resulting from Hurricane Florence.
- The Board heard from the public on a Land Use Ordinance Amendment relating to signage and approved the amendment.
- The Board heard from the public on a Land Use Ordinance Amendment relating to community and regional utility facilities and approved the amendment.
- Town Clerk Catherine Dorando provided a presentation of the 2018 Town of Carrboro Biennial Citizen Survey to the Board.
- A public hearing was held for community input on the town budget for the upcoming FY 2019-20.
- The Board of Aldermen set the 2019 Legislative Dinner and Discussion of Legislative Issues for the 2019 session of the General Assembly to February 6, 2019 at 6pm.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News