BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 10/15/19
- Mayor Lavelle presented Executive Director of the Compass Center for Women and Families, Cordelia Heaney with a proclamation for Domestic Violence Awareness month.
- Mayor Lavele proclaimed October 19, 2019 as “First Responder Day” in Carrboro and invites the community to attend the Carrboro Fire and Rescue Open House October 19, 2019.
- Charges were issued to recently appointed Advisory Board members.
- The Board appointed Laura Joca to the Stormwater Commission.
- The Board appointed Laura Szpir to the Appearance Commission.
- The Board adopted a resolution to makes changes to the Town of Carrboro Position and Classification Plan.
- The Board received a report from Jim Thomas Regarding the Negative Impacts of Facial Recognition Technologies.
- The Board received a report on the NC 54 West Corridor Study.
- Kathy Kaufman was appointed to the Orange County Climate Council.
- A public hearing was held on Conditional Use Permit for Phase 1 of Shops at Lloyd Farm.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News