BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 11/19/19
- Mayor Lavelle proclaimed November 21, 2019 as OWASA’s “Care to Share” Day.
- The Board read a resolution honoring Robert Dowling upon his retirement from the Community Home Trust.
- The Board read a resolution honoring Cat’s Cradle for Fifty Years of music and declaring 2019 the year of the cradle.
- Aldermen Jacquelyn Gist was honored for her 30 years of service from the NC. League of Municipalities.
- The Board received amendments to OWASA’s sewer use ordinance.
- The Board approved amendments to the town code pertaining to the youth advisory board.
- The Board approved the appointments to the Arts Commission.
- The Board approved a resolution authorizing the Town Manager to negotiate and award a contract for preliminary engineering services for the South Greensboro Street Sidewalk Project.
- The Board approved a resolution making the name of the governing board “Town Council” effective December 3, 2019.
- The Board approved the authorization to donate $1,000 to the Rogers-Eubanks Neighborhood Association 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit Organization for the purposes of supporting the Sankofa African-American Museum on wheel educational event.
- The Board approved an amendment of Town Code Chapter 5-12 particular noise and chapter 10, Article 5 – Appeals.
- The Board approved recommendations for park signage, murals and quote plaques in Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park.
- The Board received the progress report on the Comprehensive Bicycle Plan Update.
- The Board recognized the Carrboro Police Department for completing Law Enforcement risk review process performed by the N.C. League of Municipalities.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx