The Town of Carrboro is committed to advancing language access and ensuring meaningful access to Town services, programs, information, and activities to all residents who are Limited English Proficient (LEP) or who don't speak English.
The Town of Carrboro provides interpretation equipment to community members and community organizations at no charge. Equipment is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Interpretation Equipment Details:
The Town’s interpretation equipment includes 18 headsets and 1 transmitter. Up to 18 people can use the equipment.
Simultaneous interpretation is used for large group meetings in which the speaker does not pause, and interpretation is delivered in real time.
The interpretation equipment is a community resource. Please follow these policies:
- There is no charge to borrow equipment.
- Equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please submit requests at least 5 days in advance. Requests made later than 5 days before will be met to the best of our ability.
- To submit a request, complete the Interpretation Equipment Request and Agreement Form.
- We require first-time borrowers to schedule a 15-minute appointment with staff to review Interpretation Equipment Borrowing Policies and equipment instructions before picking up the equipment.
- Once you pick up the equipment, you are responsible for the equipment and may not loan it to a third party.
- You are responsible for properly caring for the equipment and reporting any equipment damages or malfunctions to the Communications & Engagement Department (email@example.com) immediately.
- If the damages are irreparable or otherwise impractical to attempt a repair, you may be responsible for the item's replacement cost.
- You must return the equipment to the Town at the agreed-upon date and time. If you need a loan extension, please contact the Communications & Engagement Department before the previously agreed-upon return date. Extensions are granted based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.
How do I submit a request to borrow equipment?
Complete the Interpretation Equipment Request and Agreement Form.
Have questions about the equipment? Contact Catherine Lazorko, Communication & Engagement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-918-7314.
More information is pending for this webpage.